Twist is the new in thing & we all love them, but how about twist foods as well.
Now what’s that? You must be wondering, that’s food with a twist.
A new way of eat the old boring heath food.
So Gal, are you up for it.
I’m sure you are.
So lets’ begin with a few questions.
Do you Diet or are you conscious eater?
I know you do. We all do that’s not a big deal.
……But do you like the taste of it?
I know the answer is a BIG “NO”
We all hate diet foods they don’t look good n even they don’t taste good.
Is it how the whole thing sounds to you?
….N that’s the reason you don’t diet, correct.
I was also like you when I started. I hated the boiled food, tasteless, no fun to eat.
….& I know that is a big challenge to overcome.
I know we all do. So let me simplify it for you.
I will share my bread recipe as a twist foods list.
Twist Foods List- Recipe No 1( Stuffed Wheat Bread)
Whole wheat – 1/2 Kg
Water-350gms ( You can replace 100 ml water with milk if you are not a vegan).
Chopped Vegetables- As per choice
- Warm water in a pan to Lukewarm(temperature is critical). Once you are done with the water, add sugar n the yeast.
- Give it a good stir with the help of a whisk & set aside for the yeast to rise(You will see bubble formation & a sound also). This will take about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl/ food processor add the flour n salt n just give it a pulse.
- Once you see the yeast has risen add oil to it.
- Now pour the liquid to the dry & make a dough.
- Once the dough is done. Cover & place it in a warm place for 1hour.
- You will see the dough doubled in size after an hour.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to a chapati. Add desired vegetables of your choice.
- Now roll the dough & form a cylinder.
- Cut pieces & place in a dusted baking dish.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 190C for about 25-30 minutes.
- Once completely brown remove from the oven & let cool for about an hour.
Enjoy while its warm with green tea or a cup of hot milk.
I love twist foods, they create a new way of eating the same old boring stuff. I don’t wanna have a chapati n vegetables, I just grab a piece n enjoy.
Food you get in the market is full of preservatives & heavily oiled. I manage my diet with my twist foods & have fun making new recipes.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post as much as I did writing it. Do leave your comments in the box. Will be glad to hear from you .
Do tweet if you loved the recipe.
Twist Foods & Procarb Diaries